Thursday, May 04, 2017

GoFundMe Project to Save Wayne County, MI Adoption Records

One of my Facebook friends made me aware of a GoFundMe campaign titled Save Wayne Co. MI Adoption Records, set up by Deidre Erin Denton to purchase, preserve, and share five volumes of Wayne County, Michigan adoption records covering 1925-1927.

I don't know Deidre but she appears to be a member of the Association of Professional Genealogists and I think her project is genuine and sincere.

My small contribution along with the generosity of others has brought in $885 toward her $1225 goal which covers the $1060 needed to purchase the books with a little extra for storage boxes, etc.

I'd like to see her reach her goal. Why? Because, if these were Chicago records, I'd likely be doing the same thing.

If you have a moment, please check out her campaign and consider making a small offering of support.



No comments:

Celebrating Digital Access: Cook County Out-of-town Death Certificates

Today's post focuses on Out of Town Deaths, 1909-1915 , a unique set of Cook County death records that are available on FamilySearch fro...