I gave it a lot of thought, and decided to give it a try. I've been to a number of conferences over the last couple of years, but I've always gone as an exhibitor for our website, Genlighten.com, and I've never attended classes. This will be a first!
My plan is to approach the conference with three questions in mind:
1) What can I learn that might be of use to Chicago researchers?
2) What can I learn that might be of use to me in my own genealogy-related activities?
3) What can I learn that might help me better meet my clients' needs?
Browsing the list of presentations has been fun. Here are some of the classes I'm interested in attending:
- Scanning and Photo Retouching for Beginners
- Storytelling - Sharing with the Next Generation
- Tracing American Ancestors who Lived in Cities